Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Job, New expectation 2009

I started my new job effectively on the 1st April 2009. It is an April Fool day. What a day to start with a new job.


I told my friends back in Malaysia that I lost my job in Feb 09 and got a job and start a job today. They were a bit careful on it since it was April Fool day.
They disbelieved me and decided it was a joke. Anyway, it was not a joke and I am glad that I have this job. Orelse, I will be packing my clothes, selling my car and furniture by now.

What about expectation from the new job? My boss is a lady. Well, she is very famous in this company. (Gossip around the office about her, climbing the corporate ladder and earning big salary because of someone) For me, I just do my work. And hopefully, she could give me a pay rise. Talking about that, I had a 15% salary reduction moving from my old position to this current position doing spare parts and maintenance. My key responsible will be ordering spare parts for the existing machines. But, of course, I still have the chance to use my engineering skills. Especially, working with the supplier and clients to get the correct spares. I was specifically instructed not to help my previous boss in his work, as I am now working in a different department. But, I do help him after working hours. I guessed he hired me and help me alot previously. It is a deed that I can a least repay him... hahaha.. poor me.. i am doing more work now, but having a lower salary. sigh!!!

But, at the end of the day, I am happy that I can stay here..(for a while... not sure how long) and earning Aussie dollars. Wakakaka... So that I can spend comfortably back home. :P

Another expectation for myself is to get a PR. I have done my IELTS test last week. And I need a band 7 out of 9 to qualify for the application. Finger crossed now. If everything goes on well, I can start my application this MAY 09. The waiting list is about 1 year..... Pray hard hard now!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nowadays got a job to stay on is already a blessing to most of the people. Think positive and I m sure you deserve a better salary or job scope later. Ur lady boss must be very "sui" otherwise not easy to climb the ladder..

Bobo the Clown said...

Yeah.. that I agreed with you Kananchu.. hehe. I hope that you too have a good career ahead.

My boss.. so-so.. normal only. She is good at "Char Hai" or "yak kun chew"..kua.. hahaha

Bobo the Clown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.